Failed to Start Recording on MacOS Catalina
The newest version of MacOS, Catalina, requires users to allow screen recording. If you have not enabled screen recording, you will receive a "Failed to Start Recording" error in Screencastify.
Luckily, allowing screen recordings is a simple process. Here are the necessary steps:
- Navigate to System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy
- On the far right, select Privacy
- On the left, select Screen Recording
- Check the box to the left of Google Chrome
That's it! You've enabled screen recording on your device and you're ready to continue making amazing videos!