Cut and rearrange clips
Cutting and arranging clips is simple when you use the Screencastify video editor.
Cutting a clip
- Click a clip in your timeline to select it. A selected clip will have a thin blue outline around it.
- Hover your mouse over the clip and move it to wherever you'd like to cut the clip. A live preview will appear above the timeline.
- When you reach the frame where you want cut the clip, click once. A vertical grey bar will appear and will hold that spot.
- Click the scissors icon (or press Cmd/Ctrl B) to cut the clip.
- The original selected clip will now be 2 clips, separated at the frame you selected.
To change the order of the clips in your timeline, simply click on a clip and drag it to its new desired location in the timeline. A vertical pink bar will appear to indicate where the selected clip will be placed.