How to make your first recording
Once you've installed and set up Screencastify, you're ready to create your first recording.
Starting a recording
- Click the Screencastify extension icon (if you can't see the icon, click here)
- Choose what you want to record: your browser tab, entire desktop, or webcam
- To narrate over your recording using an internal or external microphone, check the box next to Microphone
- To capture the audio originating from within your browser tab or application (e.g. from a video being played), check the box next to Tab Audio or System Audio
- Embed your webcam (optional - tab and desktop recordings only)
- Click RECORD. You'll see and hear a countdown, and then your recording will begin.
When Screencastify is recording, a red dot () will appear in your extension icon.
Ending a recording
To end a recording, click the extension icon again (or use a keyboard shortcut) and click END RECORDING.
You can also pause and resume a recording.
When you end a recording, you will automatically be taken to the recording's Video Page, where you can edit, save and share your recording.