My recording appears blurry in Screencastify
If your recording appears blurry or low quality when you play it within the Screencastify extension, there are a couple steps you can take to mitigate the problem.
Click here if your recording appears blurry when you play it on Google Drive or YouTube.
Step 1: Check your video resolution settings
It's possible that your resolution settings are limiting the quality of your recordings. To check this, follow these steps:
- Open up the extension's Recording Control Panel
- Select either the "TAB" or "DESKTOP" recording option
- Click theicon to open up the advanced video options
- Ensure that either the box next to "Limit Resolution" is unchecked or that the highest resolution is selected
- Click on the Control Panel or press 'esc' to return to the Control Panel
Step 2: Zoom in on your browser tab
If you record your browser tab, you can zoom in on your tab prior to recording. This will make any text in your tab more readable and sharper.
To zoom in / out on your tab, press CTRL +/- (or ⌘+/- on a Mac).